General terms of motorcycle rental
- Minimum driver age:
- For categories A, B,C 21 years old
- For categories D, A1, B1, C1, 25 years old
- For categories C2, C3, C4 28 years old.
- Driver’s licence: The driver must be holder of a driver’s licence or international driver’s licence for the respective motor-cycle category. The driver’s license must be in effect and issued in the house of domicile of the renter at least (1) one year prior to the rental date.
- Rental period: the minimum rental duration is one day (24 hours). Any delay (to the due delivery time) of more than 2 hours is charged with one additional rental day.
- Insurance: All rental prices include third party liability. The renter is liable for any damage or theft (in whole or in part) caused to the rented motor-cycle up to the amount of its commercial value at the time of the accident / theft. The renter shall pay the amount corresponding to the damage caused to motorent®‘s motorcycle, regardless of the party responsible for such damage and shall be reimbursed of the amount in question, if and when motorent® receives said damages.
Theft protection: The specific protection applies only to A1, B1, C1, C2, C3, C4 categories. All motorcycles are equipped with handlebar lock and additional safety lock.
ATTENTION: The aforementioned insurance protection does NOT apply in the following cases:
- In any kind of incident for which it is attested that the driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- For damages that are caused by driving on non-asphalt roads.
- For damages caused to the lower part (underneath) the motor-cycle, or to the tires and rims.
- For accidents caused by a driver who is not declared in the rental contract.
- In case of accidents for which the renter has not informed the station of motorent® nor has he submitted the relevant accident declaration, as required by Greek law, regardless if he/she is responsible or not.
The sums of money relative to the damage or loss of the motorcycle are paid directly by the renter, even if he/she is covered by a credit/debit card insurance. In such a case, the renter is under the obligation to pay to motorent® the entire cost of repair or replacement of the motorcycle.
- Fuel: The renter must return the motorcycle with the fuel tank filled at the same level as it was at the time of the rental. Otherwise, he/she shall be charged with the cost of the fuel. The renter is under the obligation to follow the technical specifications of the motorcycle he/she has rented and to refill each time the fuel-tank with the type of fuel required.
- Roadside assistance: Free 24h roadside assistance throughout Greece (with the exception of a few islands) for categories D, A1, B1, C1, C2, C3, C4 and for the region of Attica for categories A, B, C. The cost for tires, rims and spokes of the motorcycle are to be born by the renter.
- Guarantee: For all categories (A, B, C, A1, B1, C1, C2, C3, C4), the rental of the motorcycle is possible only with credit card guarantee (we accept Visa or MasterCard).
- Mode of payment: The rental of the motorcycle is paid by cash or credit card (visa, mastercard).
- Delivery – Acceptance of delivery: It can take place only at our station and within working hours. It is not possible for you to deliver the motorcycle at a location other than the head-office of the company (4, Kavalotti & 11, Karyatidon strs, behind the new Acropolis Museum – and at 300m from “Acropolis” metro station). For deliveries and acceptance of deliveries to be carried out not within working hours and during official holidays, the renter must communicate with the competent employee of the company (to make delivery arrangements). For motorcyles not delivered at our premises there must be a prior agreement and the renter shall bare an extra charge.
- Reservations: To make a motorcycle reservation, an advance payment is required, equal to 30% of the rental sum, by cash or credit card.
- Cancellations: In case of cancellation of the reservation the advance payment is non-refundable.
- Traffic violations – Fines: All fines and administrative penalties shall be born by the renter.
- Mileage: For categories A, B, C mileage is unlimited. For categories A1, B1, C1, C2, C3, C4 provision is made for 250 km free of charge per day. For charges relative to extra kms please refer to our pricelist.
- Helmet: A helmet is provided for the renter, free of charge or with charge, according to availability.
- Taxes: All prices are subject to the VAT applicable at the time of the rental.
- The types of motorcycles appearing in the pictures are indicative.
- In special cases, motorent® reserves the right to replace any type of motorcycle with a type of the same or superior category.
Rental terms and prices may be modified without prior notice.